Public Transit Driver
CRANE Public Transit provides curb-to-curb demand response public transportation bus service covering Grand Island and all of Hall County. CRANE is currently looking for customer-service oriented bus drivers 25-32 hours per week. A variety of shifts available.
- Provide safe and defensive operation of transit vehicles
- Understand and adhere to all motor vehicle laws
- Understand and enforce all transit rules & regulations
- Prepare, maintain & submit all required paperwork in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & multi-task effectively
- Assist passengers in a courteous manner at all times
- Maintain high level of cleanliness & sanitization of assigned bus
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license & good driving record (No CDL or special endorsements needed)
- Must pass pre-employment & ongoing drug & alcohol screening
- Must pass pre-employment & annual background checks.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, and kneel
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Grand Island city streets and electronic dispatch device a plus
Rate of Pay: $11.00 per hour
Benefits: Vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays
*Additional details to be shared during interview process.
Call 308/646-0069 or stop by our office at 1016 Diers Ave., Suite 119 for more information or to apply and schedule an interview today!