CashierGit N' Split
Git N Split is looking to fill an overnight Part Time time shift immediately. Must be able to pass background check. Reliable vehicle a must. Starting wage $12/hour, 16-24 hours a week. Must be able to work every other weekend. Merchandising Keeps coolers, drink boxes, store shelves, and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times. Properly cleans and maintains equipment and readies high-margin products such as coffee, fountain drinks, etc., as directed by Store Manager. Uses correct pricing as listed in the price book or grocery catalog for all merchandise presence of customers or other employees, and keeps all information in the store confidential. Knows the merchandise which the store carries and is aware of store promotions. Knows procedures for stocking merchandise.
The Requirements for the Job are: (Essential functions of the job)
- Be able to read, understand, and write the English language at the eighth-grade level;
- Be able to perform arithmetical calculations at the eighth-grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in; Have sufficient visual ability to check identification and process money orders;
- Be able to read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment;
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, beer and juice containers, etc. at least once per shift;
- Be able to stock shelves and coolers;
- Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 10-20 pounds and moving it to the fire area;
- Be able to bend in order to pull up a metal plate weighing 20 pounds;
- Be able to tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products;
- Be able to climb a ladder to clean windows, change gas prices, and to change light bulbs;
- Be able to speak and understand English, including the ability to hear the spoken word;
- Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin;
- Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the convenience store;
- Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 35 to 45 degrees up to 30 to 60 minutes at a time.
- Be able to stand during shift, to bend, stretch, and squat.