Director- Virtual Care, ITS
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on December 10, 2021
- Responsible for the direction and leadership of operational, financial, programmatic, personnel, and growth activities for North Mississippi Health Services (NMHS) Virtual Care Department. This includes establishing, meeting, and continuously monitoring the goals and objectives while maintaining alignment with the strategic goals and objectives of NMHS.
- Provide administrative recommendations and oversight to the Virtual Care Strategic Plan including process improvements to drive efficiency, effectiveness, affordability, positive patient experience, and quality.
- While the range of duties and responsibilities is broad and varied, the position's major responsibility is directing the day-to-day operations, human resource management, building customer relations with current and future partners, financial management, and driving growth opportunities.
- The Director will partner with hospital and clinic operations to give insight and assist in decision-making of where to compete and expand, and how to innovate business models by taking advantage of new technology.
- The Director will function as a leader within?NMHS, participating in strategic planning and helping to ensure the efficient operation of the Virtual Care Program across all departments.
- The Director of Virtual Care will serve as the single point of contact for NMHS executive leadership.
- Oversee and actively engage in developing the strategic plan for the Virtual Care Program and ensure alignment with the overall NMHS strategic plan.
- Provide quality leadership of the Virtual Care Department by directing staff activities, leading telehealth governance and related meetings, and monitoring operational effectiveness through visit volumes, financial performance, related clinical quality measures, family/patient satisfaction, and provider satisfaction.
- Serve as a champion for cultural change.?
- Serve as the liaison between NMHS system operations, Information Technology Services, and hospitals/clinics to provide strategic leadership, ensuring SLAs and performance expectations are met.
- Investigate new developments in virtual care practices and techniques that can be applied to current and future programs.
- Evaluate virtual care equipment for clinical appropriateness, guide potential uses for virtual care, and outline opportunities and limitations of new technologies.
Medical Staff Partnership:
- Serve as a liaison to NMHS's Medical Staff, promoting healthy relationships by attending various health system and medical staff meetings as necessary to represent the views and positions of the Virtual Care Department on pertinent issues.?
- Provide education regarding the applications and opportunities provided by virtual care.?
- Responsible for customer experience, developing and maintaining market-level plans, and effectively integrating these plans into the NMHS system strategy.
- Work collaboratively to provide value to customers (both hospital and operations) through business/industry insight and innovation.
- Achieve customer service objectives by providing customer service information and recommendations to the company's strategic plans and reviews.
- Enhance customer service quality by evaluating and re-designing processes, establishing and communicating service metrics, monitoring/analyzing results, and implementing changes.
- Includes reviewing the current budget and overall financial assessment.
- Financial margins related to program cost should be evaluated regarding overall program effectiveness and sustainability.
- Recommendations should be made to provide the most cost-effective care.
- The Director should also explore opportunities to assist NMHS with funding sources for the virtual care program. This may include grants and other related sources.
- Work collaboratively with clinical departments and health system administration to identify opportunities to expand and improve virtual care services to best meet the health system's needs.
- Activities include visioning, design, development, planning, establishing, and building relationships with current and future partners of any new virtual care service lines.?
Virtual Care Related Policy:
- Participate in policy developments at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Stay informed on new virtual care regulations, including reimbursement, licensing, and delivery models from a national, state, and local perspective.
Personal and Professional Credibility:
- Work to gain respect and build trust between the Virtual Care Department, NMHS's medical staff, and the broader medical community.
Presentation and Meeting Leadership:
- Represent NMHS's Virtual Care Program before system leadership, medical staff, regulatory bodies, and professional organizations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Preferably in Health Sciences, Healthcare Management, Healthcare Informatics, or related field.
- Five or more years of virtual care and telehealth specific experience in Healthcare IT preferred.
- Management experience and group dynamics skills preferred.
- Knowledge of the virtual care industry and experience therein, highly desirable.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and conferences and reviewing professional publications.
- Experience with a variety of EHR's/ Epic experience preferred.
- Cisco Jabber experience preferred.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft applications and ServiceNow preferred.
- Experience working with coordination and organization.